Junior Site Reliability Engineer (Bridge)
The Bridge Engineering team is looking for an SRE to help us grow our product, scale our systems and empower our feature teams.
What We Do
Bridge is a tool that helps people find their place at work, form meaningful relationships with peers and managers, and forge a path towards growth. We’re helping our customers create work cultures people love.
Who We’re Looking For
- A problem solver who asks questions to get at the core issue that the team is grappling with before deciding on a solution.
- A pragmatist who knows how to make trade offs to solve challenges while building an architecture that scales for the future.
- A systematic thinker who can understand how the larger system operates and knows when to take a step back and consider alternative approaches.
- A team player who loves teaching and learning from others.
What We Offer
- Experience working on a highly available business-to-business (B2B) software as a service (SaaS) product with thousands of active customers.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Quarterly hack week events
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working on Kubernetes at scale to create an amazing developer experience.
- Building tools and automation to empower teams to ship quality software.
- Educating engineers to help them own their services end-to-end.
- Cost optimizing cloud operations.
- Responding to incidents and contributing to a continuous improvement culture with occasional participation in 24/7 on call rotations.
What You’ll Need
- At least 2 years experience running production systems at scale as an SRE or senior engineer.
- Deep understanding of at least one modern programming language (Ruby, Go, Java, etc).
- Experience with container build tools like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of cloud-based providers (AWS preferred, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Familiarity with cloud networking configuration (VPCs, security groups, load balancers, DNS, etc).
- Familiarity with system observability through monitoring and alerting (like Datadog, Sentry, etc.)
- Ability to work with a globally distributed team in multiple time zones.
- Experience with configuration-as-code tools such as Terraform.